1) If you have a story idea, list ten ideas for events that will happen to reveal the protagonist’s personal dilemma. The first scene should introduce his personal dilemma. The last scene should resolve it. If you are dividing the scenes between protagonist and love interest, list ideas for scenes that introduce and resolve her personal dilemma.
1. Dick and Sally make plans to go on a long-awaited vacation. He gets a call.
2. Dick informs Sally that he isn’t retiring after all. He can’t tell her why.
4. Sally gives Dick an ultimatum. He asks for more time.
6. Dick finds Sally packing her bags and asks her to stay.
|Note: this post was originally published on www.bloodredpencil.blogspot.com|