Search This Blog

The Breakup Letter


Dear Network Television:

This letter has been a long time coming. It's time to discuss the future of our relationship. It isn’t working. You no longer meet my needs or my expectations.

I fell in love with you the moment we met. You swept me off  of my feet. You were dazzling and thrilling. Our time together was filled with singing, dancing, laughter, and sharing stories from the heart.  For years you were everything I needed you to be and more. I couldn’t wait to come home to you at the end of the day. I lived for those weekends curled up in bed together.

As the years passed, I felt us drifting apart but turned a blind eye to your indiscretions. We spent less time laughing and too much time with your band of highly dysfunctional friends. I don’t want those narcissistic, hateful people in my home anymore.

I always knew you were friends with that whore in advertising. It took me a while to realize the extent of your relationship. You don’t even bother to hide your affair anymore. You spend more time with her than me. I’m tired of you conspiring together and laughing at what a gullible fool I am behind my back.

I want a simpler, less stressful relationship and friends that uplift rather than tear down.

No, don’t tell me you’ll change. I don’t want to hear your lies and "sorry" won’t cut it. You need help, more help than Dr. Phil can offer. It would take a complete overhaul to fix what is broken and I don't believe you want to. You rely on these sick people to make you feel better about yourself. You rely on your mistress for money.

I just can’t do this anymore. I shouldn't have to. I deserve better.

Sincerely,

Your Once Devoted Viewer

No comments:

Post a Comment